Info

Lambert House on Sheriff Highway was the home of Colonel William Lambert White (1849 - 1929.) He was an avid collector of ruins and built a room entirely of church stones. Known as the Armoury, the room housed his collection of guns, swords and other weapons. The arms are no longer there but the room, complete with gargoyles and other pieces of church masonry, is enjoyed by guests at the house...The present owners of Lambert House are B.P. Chemicals and they have restored the house to its former glory. It is now used as accommodation for guests visiting the Saltend plant. ..Text source Hedon Town Council

Add to Lightbox Download
Filename
hedon_20091019_5042.jpg
Copyright
©Neil Holmes 2009.+44 (0) 7990 537248
Image Size
4256x2832 / 3.0MB
Contained in galleries
Hedon Winter 2012
Lambert House on Sheriff Highway was the home of Colonel William Lambert White (1849 - 1929.) He was an avid collector of ruins and built a room entirely of church stones. Known as the Armoury, the room housed his collection of guns, swords and other weapons. The arms are no longer there but the room, complete with gargoyles and other pieces of church masonry, is enjoyed by guests at the house...The present owners of Lambert House are B.P. Chemicals and they have restored the house to its former glory. It is now used as accommodation for guests visiting the Saltend plant. ..Text source Hedon Town Council